Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brass Monkey, That Food is Funky

I know people that don't come to Brass Monkey because they ordered the food and it was horrible. What a shame. The Brass Monkey is so much fun. But the food is horrible.

As a good citizen, I'm going to tell everyone, the food at Brass Monkey is horrible. If you have a problem with horrible, overpriced food; don't order food here. But don't let it stop you from enjoying the Monkey. This is one of the best karaoke bars/restaurants in LA the world.

If you're starving and must order food, I'd stick with their peanuts, their french fries, or their salads. They're standard fare and pricey, but it won't make you sick. Stay away from the fried calamari or their burgers. Their hot dogs are okay. My opinion is everything is either fried or thrown in a microwave. All the times I've been there, I've never seen a chef.

Their drinks are much better. The Golden Monkey, a delicious concoction of  Absolut Mandrin Grand Marnier, cranberry juice and orange juice, is a winner. My companions have raved about the Evil Monkey and the Monkey Junk. Their specialty drinks are pricey, but fun and worth it.

But the food isn't what the Brass Monkey is all about, it's about having fun. Check out my bar blog for the real lowdown on the Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin